Teach CCSS 2.G.2 and 2.OA.4 with this engaging, hands-on and fun lesson using cheese crackers! Use whole class or as center work.
What You Get:
1. Cheese Cracker Partitioning (2 pages)-Students use crackers to partition rectangles into small squares. They record the number of rows, columns and the number of cheese crackers it took to cover each rectangle.
2. Cheese Cracker Arrays (1 page)- Students compose arrays using their crackers given the number of rows and columns. Then they find the total number of crackers and sketch a model of each.
3. More Cheese Cracker Arrays (1 page)- Students continue to build arrays, with the added skill (2.OA.4) of writing a repeated addition number sentence to find the total number of crackers used.
4. My Math Work Mat (1 page)- Students use the Work Mat as an area to create their arrays for the preceding activities.
5. Make Your Own (1 page)- Students create their own rectangular array and record number of rows and columns, a repeated addition number sentence and the total number of crackers used.
6. Vocabulary Cards (5 pages)- Key vocabulary cards include the word, definition, and a visual representation of the word. A blank page is also included for you to add your own vocabulary.
-Addition Number Sentence
What You'll Need:
-Cheese Crackers or 1" square tiles
*ALL activities can also be used using 1 inch square tiles instead of crackers. Modified pages are included if you plan to use tiles instead of crackers. Square pattern blocks work great!
*Have fun! Please remember to leave feedback to earn your TPT credits and to help your fellow shoppers with their purchasing decisions.