Mix Drive-Way Heat and Epsom salt to form a precipitate.
This 6-page lab is packed with student literacy!
• write about observations
• explain evidence for a chemical reaction
• explain why solids do not react but the solutions do
• write their own procedure to obtain mass of second product
Student process skills:
• Write chemical names and formulas
• Predict products
• Write molecular, total ionic and net ionic equations
• Use stoichiometry to calculate mass of product
Student Lab Sheet, Student Lab Make-up Sheet for absent students, Student Lab Quiz, Answer Keys and Teacher Notes
This lab takes 5 minutes to set up!
Teach 1st and 2nd year chemistry?
Try the AP Version of this Lab!
1 kit = 2 different classes