Set of three quizzes to use when teaching a unit on Chemical Bonding
Suitable for physical science or chemistry students on grades 9-12.
I use these quizzes when teaching my unit on Chemical Bonding to my chemistry students. When teaching this unit, I use short daily quizzes to keep my students studying and to monitor for understanding and comprehension of the material.
The quizzes generally take about 15-20 minutes to complete and consist of fill in the blank questions, short answer questions, and problems to be solved. These quizzes can also be used as a set of homework assignments or review for your unit test.
Quiz #1 covers the following topics and concepts:
1. The nature of chemical bonding.
2. The role of valence electrons in bonding.
3. Types of chemical bonds.
4. Ionic bonding: definition, type of elements that form ionic bonds, cations, anions.
5. How to draw a Lewis-dot structure for a single atom.
6. How to draw Lewis-dot structures of ions.
7. Dot diagrams of ionic compounds.
Quiz #2 covers the following topics and concepts:
1. Covalent Bonding: definition, types of elements that form covalent bonds.
3. Molecular substances.
4. Polyatomic ions.
5. Rules to follow when drawing Lewis-dot structures.
6. Dot diagrams for covalent and ionic compounds.
7. Multiple bonds.
Quiz #3 covers the following topics and concepts:
1. Electronegativity and bond polarity.
2. Polar and nonpolar bonds and molecules.
3. How to use a table of electronegativity to determine if a bond is polar covalent, nonpolar covalent or ionic.
Included in this product:
-- Chemical Bonding Quiz #1 (33 questions)
-- Chemical Bonding Quiz #2 (28 questions)
-- Chemical Bonding Quiz #3 (17 questions)
-- Table of Electronegativities
-- Teacher Answer Keys for All Quizzes
-- Teacher Guide
Both Word document and pdf file are included.
Related products include:
Lab: Molecular Models of Covalent Compounds
Chemical Bonding Practice Problem and Review Worksheets
Chemical Bonding Unit Test
Bonding Reactions Worksheets - Set of Two
FREE Table of Electronegativities for Chemical Bonding Unit
Periodic Table of the Lost Civilization - A Periodic Table Review Game
Lab: Periodic Properties
Periodic Table Review Activity
Atoms and Atomic Structure Task Cards
Periodic Table Quiz
Periodic Table Unit Test
Activity: Trends on the Periodic Table
Periodic Table Homework and Study Guide
Periodic Table Review and Practice Problem Worksheet
Must-Do Chemistry or Physical Science Labs Bundled Set
Writing Chemical Formulas and Naming Compounds Set of 4 Quizzes or Homework Assignments
For updates about sales and new products, please follow my store:
My TpT Store
I would love to have you follow me at these locations as well:
Science Stuff Blog
My Facebook Page
Amy Brown (Science Stuff)