Chemical Bonding Reactions Practice Problems
Level 1 and Level 2 for High School Physical Science and/or Chemistry
This product includes two different worksheets for your chemistry or physical science students. I use “Bonding Reactions Practice Problems” when teaching Chemical Bonding to my chemistry students.
By completing these two worksheets, students will accomplishment the following goals and objectives:
1. Students will draw Lewis-dot structures of atoms and ions.
2. Students will draw and diagram, using electron dot structures, the change in electrons that occurs when atoms are forming ionic bonds.
3. Students will draw and diagram, using electron dot structures, the change in electrons that occurs when atoms are forming covalent bonds.
4. From the dot diagrams, students will determine the formula of the resulting compound.
5. Using a “Table of Electronegativities”, students will predict the type of bond (nonpolar covalent, polar covalent or ionic) that occurs between two atoms.
There are two worksheets, Level I and Level II.
In the Level I worksheet, students are given a pair of atoms, and told what type of bond will form between these two atoms. Students then draw the dot diagrams and write the resulting formula. In the Level II worksheet, students must find the difference in electronegativity between the atoms in order to determine the type of bond that will form. A table of electronegativities has been included for this purpose. Once the bond type has been determined, students will proceed by drawing the dot diagram and writing the formula of the resulting compound.
Included in this product:
--Bonding Reactions Practice Problems Worksheet – Level I
--Bonding Reactions Practice Problems Worksheet – Level II
--Table of Electronegativities
--Teacher Answer Key
Both Word document and pdf file are included.
Related products include:
Lab: Molecular Models of Covalent Compounds
Chemical Bonding Unit Test
Chemical Bonding Quizzes - Set of Three
FREE Table of Electronegativities for Chemical Bonding Unit
Chemical Bonding Practice Problem and Review Worksheets
Atoms and Atomic Structure Task Cards
Periodic Table of the Lost Civilization - A Periodic Table Review Game
Lab: Periodic Properties
Periodic Table Review Activity
Periodic Table Quiz
Periodic Table Unit Test
Activity: Trends on the Periodic Table
Periodic Table Homework and Study Guide
Periodic Table Review and Practice Problem Worksheet
Writing Chemical Formulas and Naming Compounds Set of 4 Quizzes or Homework Assignments
Must-Do Chemistry or Physical Science Labs Bundled Set
For updates about sales and new products, please follow my store:
My TpT Store
I would love to have you follow me at these locations as well:
Science Stuff Blog
My Facebook Page
Amy Brown (Science Stuff)