Compressed Zip File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing. How to unzip files.
4.38 MB | 6 page test (13 total pages) pages
This product includes a unit test on Chemical Bonding for your chemistry or physical science students.
Suitable for grades 9-12.
The test generally takes a 55-minute class period to complete and consists of fill in the blank questions, multiple choice questions, and problems to be solved.
There are 76 questions on this test:
-- 27 multiple choice
-- 27 fill in the blank
-- 6 dot diagrams of atoms
-- 6 dot diagrams of ions
-- 10 problems that require the student to draw the Lewis dot structure of ionic and molecular compounds
The test covers the following topics and concepts:
1. The nature of chemical bonding.
2. The role of valence electrons in bonding.
3. Types of chemical bonds.
4. Ionic bonding: definition, type of elements that form ionic bonds, cations, anions.
5. How to draw a Lewis-dot structure for a single atom.
6. How to draw Lewis-dot structures of ions.
7. Dot diagrams of ionic compounds.
8. Covalent Bonding: definition, types of elements that form covalent bonds.
10. Molecular substances.
11. Polyatomic ions.
12. Rules to follow when drawing Lewis-dot structures.
13. Dot diagrams for covalent and ionic compounds.
14. Multiple bonds.
15. Electronegativity and bond polarity.
16. Polar and nonpolar bonds and molecules.
17. How to use a table of electronegativity to determine if a bond is polar covalent, nonpolar covalent or ionic.
Included in this product:
-- Chemical Bonding Unit Test
-- Table of Electronegativities
-- Teacher Answer Key
-- Teacher Guide