This product includes a unit test on Chemical Bonding for your chemistry or physical science students.
Suitable for grades 9-12.
The test generally takes a 55-minute class period to complete and consists of fill in the blank questions, multiple choice questions, and problems to be solved.
There are 76 questions on this test:
-- 27 multiple choice
-- 27 fill in the blank
-- 6 dot diagrams of atoms
-- 6 dot diagrams of ions
-- 10 problems that require the student to draw the Lewis dot structure of ionic and molecular compounds
The test covers the following topics and concepts:
1. The nature of chemical bonding.
2. The role of valence electrons in bonding.
3. Types of chemical bonds.
4. Ionic bonding: definition, type of elements that form ionic bonds, cations, anions.
5. How to draw a Lewis-dot structure for a single atom.
6. How to draw Lewis-dot structures of ions.
7. Dot diagrams of ionic compounds.
8. Covalent Bonding: definition, types of elements that form covalent bonds.
10. Molecular substances.
11. Polyatomic ions.
12. Rules to follow when drawing Lewis-dot structures.
13. Dot diagrams for covalent and ionic compounds.
14. Multiple bonds.
15. Electronegativity and bond polarity.
16. Polar and nonpolar bonds and molecules.
17. How to use a table of electronegativity to determine if a bond is polar covalent, nonpolar covalent or ionic.
Included in this product:
-- Chemical Bonding Unit Test
-- Table of Electronegativities
-- Teacher Answer Key
-- Teacher Guide
Both Word document and pdf file are included.
Related products include:
Lab: Molecular Models of Covalent Compounds
Chemical Bonding Quizzes - Set of 3 Daily quizzes
Chemical Bonding Practice Problem and Review Worksheets
Bonding Reactions Worksheets - Set of Two
FREE Table of Electronegativities for Chemical Bonding Unit
Periodic Table of the Lost Civilization - A Periodic Table Review Game
Lab: Periodic Properties
Periodic Table Review Activity
Periodic Table Quiz
Periodic Table Unit Test
Activity: Trends on the Periodic Table
Periodic Table Homework and Study Guide
Periodic Table Review and Practice Problem Worksheet
Must-Do Chemistry or Physical Science Labs Bundled Set
For updates about sales and new products, please follow my store:
My TpT Store
I would love to have you follow me at these locations as well:
Science Stuff Blog
My Facebook Page
Amy Brown (Science Stuff)