Compressed Zip File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing. How to unzip files.
15.44 MB | 39 pages
In this bundle you will find:
* Chemical Energy powerpoint - the basics, examples, short clips, plus pictorial mindmap for students to complete. (11 slides)
* Chemical Energy in Food - Graphing Powerpoint - Info on energy from food, reading a bar graph activity based on favourite foods (also in word doc worksheet format if needed), Calories vs. Kilojoules plus a look at those in Mc Donalds chips and how much exersize would be required to burn, video clips related to topic, graphing activity based on energy found in food products and finally concluding by looking at what other information can be found on food labels. (14 slides in total)
* Favourite Food Bar Graph Worksheet (to complete before constructing their own bar graph of energy values in food) to accompany the chemical energy in food powerpoint.
* Energy in Food Experiment Ppt. - basics of energy requirement by different genders and age groups etc. - video looking at an experiment of food burning to find energy value - experiment where students need to burn food and record temp rise in water as the water heats up from food flame. (14 slides)
* Lastly a FREE RESOURCE created by Education QLD which can be found freely on the web, however am including it for free in this package as it accompanies the experiment above. Worksheet.