Also included in
- 5th Grade Physical Science Bundle: This resource covers all the 5th grade NGSS standards for physical science. Fifth grade students will love these engaging hands-on labs and reading passages. Save 20% on these resources by purchasing this bundle. This bundle of resources aligned with NGSS and CCSS$22.00$27.50Save $5.50
- This is a year-long bundle for 5th grade NGSS. This bundle covers all the standards for the year for fifth grade NGSS. These resources will engage students in hands-on lessons in the 5 E format. Resources also include response pages, informational text articles, interactive notebook inserts, compre$92.60$115.75Save $23.15
- This is a collection of labs and science experiments for chemical reactions and density. Enjoy this collection here at a 20% discount. Students will enjoy these hands-on colorful and engaging science experiments.This resource includes Hands-on lessons, Close Reading Passages, Interactive Notebook F$30.12$37.65Save $7.53
- This NGSS 5th-grade bundle covers the entire year of NGSS standards for fifth grade. This bundle also includes reading informational text units with a science theme. Purchase in the bundle and save 20%. You will love this great bundle for fifth grade science.Science Resources in this Bundle:Identify$134.20$167.25Save $33.05
- Utah SEEd 6.2 Strand, Physical Science: Students will learn about heat transfer, chemical reactions, particle motion, and density in this physical science bundle. This resource covers all of the 6.2 standards for Utah SEEd. Purchase here and save 20% on the individual resources.Included in this bun$45.92$57.40Save $11.48
Elephants Toothpaste is such an exciting and dramatic hands-on science experiment that students will be motivated to read the passages and find out the scientific information about what is happening. The hands-on experiment has clear directions and great followup pages and interactive notebook flaps and folds. This unit starts with phenomena to engage students.
This resource has several lessons on chemical reactions through making Elephant'sToothpaste. This resource includes lesson plans, interactive notebook flaps and folds, nonfiction text passages, a Close Reading activity, follow up pages for the nonfiction passage that include text dependent questions and more flaps and folds for the interactive notebook.
This resource is aligned with NGSS (Next Generation Science Standards)
for 5th grade 5-PS1-4 Conduct an investigation to determine whether the mixing of two or more substances results in new substances.
MS-PS1-2. Analyze and interpret data on the properties of substances before and after the substances interact to determine if a chemical reaction has occurred.
MS-PS1-6. Undertake a design project to construct, test, and modify a device that either releases or absorbs thermal energy by chemical processes.
And Utah SEEd Standard 6.2.1 Develop models to show that molecules are made of different kinds, proportions
and quantities of atoms. Emphasize understanding that there are
differences between atoms and molecules, and that certain combinations
of atoms form specific molecules.
This resource is also aligned with Utah Core 5th Grade Science Standard 1
Students will understand that chemical and physical changes occur in matter.
Science Concepts Addressed:
Chemical vs. Physical change
Characteristics of a chemical reaction
Reading Informational Text Skills Addressed:
Cause and Effects
Main Idea and Supporting Details
Reading back in the text
Answering Text Dependent Questions
This individual resource is also available in this bundle for a 20% savings Chemical Reaction Bundle NGSS Aligned or
Please view some of my other resources for science and nonfiction.