Also included in
- 5th Grade Physical Science Bundle: This resource covers all the 5th grade NGSS standards for physical science. Fifth grade students will love these engaging hands-on labs and reading passages. Save 20% on these resources by purchasing this bundle. This bundle of resources aligned with NGSS and CCSS$22.00$27.50Save $5.50
- 5th Grade Utah SEEd Bundle: This is a year's worth of lessons and units that address all of the Utah SEEd standards for 5th grade. Save 20% by purchasing together! You save time by purchasing this from someone who understands Utah SEEd. Would you like to know more about Utah SEEd? These units use ph$107.28$134.10Save $26.82
- This is a year-long bundle for 5th grade NGSS. This bundle covers all the standards for the year for fifth grade NGSS. These resources will engage students in hands-on lessons in the 5 E format. Resources also include response pages, informational text articles, interactive notebook inserts, compre$92.60$115.75Save $23.15
- This is a collection of labs and science experiments for chemical reactions and density. Enjoy this collection here at a 20% discount. Students will enjoy these hands-on colorful and engaging science experiments.This resource includes Hands-on lessons, Close Reading Passages, Interactive Notebook F$30.12$37.65Save $7.53
- This Bundle for Utah SEEd 5th grade includes science resources for each strand and standard. Each unit included addresses specific Utah SEEd standards for 5th grade. Students will love these engaging activities for Utah SEEd 5th Grade. You will love saving time by having someone creating resources w$73.32$91.65Save $18.33
- NGSS Fifth Grade Bundle: This bundle covers all the standards for NGSS 5th grade for the entire year. Each unit is complete and addresses a standard. You save 20% by purchasing this bundle for fifth-grade science. This year-long 5th-grade science bundle is outstanding!The following resources are in$67.84$84.80Save $16.96
- This NGSS 5th-grade bundle covers the entire year of NGSS standards for fifth grade. This bundle also includes reading informational text units with a science theme. Purchase in the bundle and save 20%. You will love this great bundle for fifth grade science.Science Resources in this Bundle:Identify$134.20$167.25Save $33.05
- Utah SEEd 6.2 Strand, Physical Science: Students will learn about heat transfer, chemical reactions, particle motion, and density in this physical science bundle. This resource covers all of the 6.2 standards for Utah SEEd. Purchase here and save 20% on the individual resources.Included in this bun$45.92$57.40Save $11.48
Chemical Reactions with Pennies: Chemical reactions are fun to study! These three labs using pennies for chemical reactions demonstrate a lot of science concepts. An easy and exciting set of experiments that demonstrate chemical reactions and other science concepts! This resource includes three hands-on lessons aligned with NGSS for 5th grade and Middle School Chemistry. The three lessons use easy-to-find materials such as pennies and vinegar.
The resource includes:
- nonfiction passages
- includes flaps and folds for interactive notebooks
- response pages with text-dependent questions
- This unit starts with phenomena to engage the students.
- labs with pennies and lab pages
See more information on chemistry with pennies.
Lesson 1: Turning a Penny Greenish-Blue (oxidation)
Lesson 2: Cleaning a Tarnished Penny (chemical reaction)
Lesson 3: Turning a Nail Copper Colored (includes information on atoms and negative and positive charged particles)
The following NGSS are addressed:
5-PS1-1. Develop a model to describe that matter is made of particles too small to be seen.
5-PS1-4.Conduct an investigation to determine whether the mixing of two or more substances results in new substances.
Analyze and interpret data on the properties of substances before and after the substances interact to determine if a chemical reaction has occurred.
Also aligns with Utah SEEd 5.2.3
Plan and carry out an investigation to determine whether the mixing of two or more substances results (cause and effect) in new substances.
And Utah SEEd Standard 6.2.1 Develop models to show that molecules are made of different kinds, proportions, and quantities of atoms. Emphasize understanding that there are
differences between atoms and molecules and that certain combination
of atoms form specific molecules.
This resource is also aligned with Utah Core 5th Grade Science Standard 1
Students will understand that chemical and physical changes occur in matter.
Cause and Effect
Scale, proportion and quantify
Science and Engineering Practices:
Planning and Carrying Out an Investigation
Analyzing and Interpreting data
Science Concepts Include:
Negative and positive chargers
Reading Skills Addressed Include:
Quoting text and explaining the meaning
This individual resource is also available in the following bundles for a 20% savings
See my other resources: