Also included in
- This is a collection of labs and science experiments for chemical reactions and density. Enjoy this collection here at a 20% discount. Students will enjoy these hands-on colorful and engaging science experiments. This unit includes chemical reactions and density experiments.This resource includes HPrice $31.32Original Price $39.15Save $7.83
- This is a year-long bundle for 5th grade NGSS. This bundle covers all the standards for the year for fifth-grade NGSS. Save 20% by purchasing this bundle. These resources will engage students in hands-on lessons in the 5 E format. Get resources for science by someone that really understands the NexPrice $90.16Original Price $112.70Save $22.54
- This NGSS 5th-grade bundle covers the entire year of NGSS standards for fifth grade. This bundle also includes reading informational text units with a science theme. Purchase in the bundle and save 20%. You will love this great bundle for fifth-grade science. Get NGSS Resources from someone who undePrice $131.36Original Price $164.20Save $32.84
- 5th Grade Utah SEEd Bundle: This is a year's worth of lessons and units that address all of the Utah SEEd standards for 5th grade. Save 20% by purchasing together! You save time by purchasing this from someone who understands Utah SEEd. Would you like to know more about Utah SEEd? These units use phPrice $107.24Original Price $134.05Save $26.81
- This Bundle for Utah SEEd 5th grade includes science resources for each strand and standard. Each unit addresses specific Utah SEEd standards for 5th grade. Students will love these engaging activities for Utah SEEd 5th Grade. You will love saving time by having someone creating resources who reallyPrice $75.24Original Price $94.05Save $18.81
- NGSS Fifth Grade Bundle: This bundle covers all the standards for NGSS 5th grade for the entire year. Each unit is complete and addresses a standard. You save 20% by purchasing this bundle for fifth-grade science. This year-long 5th-grade science bundle is outstanding!The following resources are inPrice $71.16Original Price $88.95Save $17.79
- The Middle School Science Bundle addresses all the DCIs for Middle School NGSS. This is a huge resource that addresses the complete NGSS Middle School Curriculum for grades 6th, 7th and 8th grade. All the NGSS standards for Middle School Science are addressed in this bundle. Save 20% by purchasing tPrice $330.24Original Price $412.80Save $82.56
Students will learn about chemical reactions through three hands-on experiments.
Chemical Reactions with Pennies: Chemical reactions are fun to study! These three labs using pennies for chemical reactions demonstrate a lot of science concepts. An easy and exciting set of experiments that demonstrate chemical reactions and other science concepts! This resource includes three hands-on lessons aligned with NGSS for 5th grade and Middle School Chemistry. The three lessons use easy-to-find materials such as pennies and vinegar.
The resource includes:
- nonfiction passages
- includes flaps and folds for interactive notebooks
- response pages with text-dependent questions
- This unit starts with phenomena to engage the students.
- labs with pennies and lab pages
See more information on chemistry with pennies.
Lesson 1: Turning a Penny Greenish-Blue (oxidation)
Lesson 2: Cleaning a Tarnished Penny (chemical reaction)
Lesson 3: Turning a Nail Copper Colored (includes information on atoms and negative and positive charged particles)
The following NGSS are addressed:
5-PS1-1. Develop a model to describe that matter is made of particles too small to be seen.
5-PS1-4.Conduct an investigation to determine whether the mixing of two or more substances results in new substances.
Analyze and interpret data on the properties of substances before and after the substances interact to determine if a chemical reaction has occurred.
Also aligns with Utah SEEd 5.2.3
Plan and carry out an investigation to determine whether the mixing of two or more substances results (cause and effect) in new substances.
And Utah SEEd Standard 6.2.1 Develop models to show that molecules are made of different kinds, proportions, and quantities of atoms. Emphasize understanding that there are
differences between atoms and molecules and that certain combination
of atoms form specific molecules.
This resource is also aligned with Utah Core 5th Grade Science Standard 1
Students will understand that chemical and physical changes occur in matter.
Cause and Effect
Scale, proportion and quantify
Science and Engineering Practices:
Planning and Carrying Out an Investigation
Analyzing and Interpreting data
Science Concepts Include:
Negative and positive chargers
Reading Skills Addressed Include:
Quoting text and explaining the meaning
This individual resource is also available in the following bundles for a 20% savings
See my other resources: