This is a set of game cards that helps you to engage the students to learn and practice on acids reactions.
In this deck of cards, there will be 6 reaction cards (2 for each of the reactions below) and 48 substances card (acids, alkalis, metals, carbonates, water etc)
Reactions of acids:
acid + alkali -> salt + water
acid + carbonate -> salt + carbon dioxide +water
acid + metal -> salt + hydrogen
How the game works:
1) Distribute a reaction card for every player
2) Then, distribute 4 element cards for every player and place the remaining cards in the middle
3) The first player will draw a card from the stack, and discard an unwanted card to the next player
4) The next player can choose to take the discarded card, or draw one from the stack
5) Step 4 is continued until the first player collect all 5 cards required (the winning card can be taken from any discarded card from the last round)
Example of winning combination:
Reaction: acid + alkali -> salt + water
Substances card: hydrochloric acid, sodium hydroxide, sodium chloride, water, corrosive hazard
Trust me! This game is really fun! Even my most 'I hate science' students get excited!