Provide your students with the practice they need to master balancing chemical reactions, identifying types of chemical reactions, and predicting products of chemical reactions.
With ten unique worksheets:
1. Counting Atoms
Students will count up atoms in different compounds with both subscripts and coefficients
2. Writing Skeleton Equations
3. Writing Skeleton Equations (Scaffolded)
Students will write the “bare bones” equations from a word equation
4. Decoding Chemical Equations
Students will determine what each chemical equation is saying
5. Balancing Chemical Equations
6. Balancing Chemical Equations, Additional Practice
Students will utilize skill gained from counting atoms to ensure that the Law of Conservation of Mass has been followed.
7. Word Equations
8. More Word Equations
Students will write balanced chemical equations from word equations.
9. Types of Chemical Reactions
Students will balance chemical equations and then classify them into one of five categories based on the characteristics of that chemical equation.
10. Predicting Products of Chemical Reactions
11. Predicting Products from Word Equations
Students will determine the type of reaction when given the reactants, and then predict the products. Students will then finish by balancing the chemical equation.