Also included in
- Middle School Science Bundle for Matter and Its Interactions. This bundle covers NGSS MS PS1-1, NGSS MS PS1-2, NGSS MS PS1-3, NGSS MS PS1-4, and NGSS MS PS1-5. Students will learn all the particles and molecules that form matter and how heat energy and chemical reactions affect matter. Save 20% by p$29.20$36.50Save $7.30
- This Bundle for Utah SEEd 8th grade includes science resources for each strand and standard. Each unit included addresses specific Utah SEEd standards for 8th grade. Students will love these engaging activities for Utah SEEd 8th Grade. You will love saving time by having someone creating resources w$99.08$123.85Save $24.77
Chemical Reactions: Students will observe substances before and after interacting to see if a chemical reaction has occurred. In this resource, students will learn about the signs of chemical reactions, chemical equations, and types of chemical reactions while completing 5 hands-on science investigations!
This resource includes:
- a 30-page slide show on chemical reactions and their properties
- strategic notetaking guide
- five labs with clear directions
- follow-up pages
- an informational text article
- a multiple-choice quiz
This is a huge unit with over 90 pages and slides.
This resource includes the following science investigations:
Acid and Base Reaction
Chemical and Physical Reactions
***This resource is secure. The slide shows and pages are not editable for copyright reasons.
Save money and purchase as part of this bundle: Matter and Its Interactions
This resource is also a great introduction to chemical equations and students will learn about coefficients and subscripts and the purpose of a chemical equation.
NGSS MS-PS1-2. Analyze and interpret data on the properties of substances before and after the substances interact to determine if a chemical reaction has occurred. [Clarification Statement: Examples of reactions could include burning sugar or steel wool, fat reacting with sodium hydroxide, and mixing zinc with hydrogen chloride.]
Utah SEEd Standard 8.1.3
Plan and conduct an investigation and then analyze and interpret the data to identify in changes in a substance's properties to determine if a chemical reaction has occurred. Examples could include changes in properties such as color, density, flammability, odor, solubility, or state. (PS1.A, PS1.B)
Remember that leaving feedback earns you TPT points toward future purchases. Also, FOLLOW ME to be notified when new products are added. This is a huge bonus because my products are always 50% off for the first 24 hours they are posted
This resource is created by Lynda R. Williams. If you have questions about Teaching Science resources, please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org
You will also love these resources: