This multiple choice test features questions on the following:
1. chemical reaction types including endothermic, exothermic, synthesis, decomposition, single replacement, and double replacement
2. parts of a chemical equation including subscript and coefficient
3. changing the rate of reaction.
4. a real-world application question describing an experiment run by a scientist using a catalyst.
Here is a sneak peak at the application questions about that experiment:
1. What was the problem or question Abby was trying to solve with the scientific method?
2. What is the independent variable in her experiment?
3.What is the dependent variable?
4.What was Abby’s hypothesis?
5.What data should Abby have collected to show that the catalysts did speed up the initial reaction?
6.What should Abby’s conclusion be?
7.Classify the chemical reaction shown in Figure 1.
8.How does the chemical reaction in Figure 1 help explain the reason that hydrogen peroxide bubbles when you pour it in a cut? What is the product?
9.What are the reactants in the chemical reaction shown in Figure 1?
10.Based on the products produced in the chemical reactions shown in Figure 1, name two safety procedures Abby should follow while conducting this investigation.
Included in this document is a modified version for students with disabilities that reduces the choices to three.
An answer key is included.