Also included in
- This NO PREP, complete unit comes with a day-by-day teaching timeline as well as each resource needed to cover the required topics within the standard. Each resource inside this bundle was handpicked to cover all aspects of the MS-PS1-1 NGSS and includes lessons, activities, and assessment items. Th$42.97$83.91Save $40.94
An introduction to Chemical Symbols, Formulas and Compounds. This TWO DAY package includes the lesson (student and teacher versions of the presentation), an auto-graded Exit Ticket to check student understanding, and a student lesson handout as a document. The lesson is fun and engaging with a worksheet built right into the PowerPoint.
- This lesson includes both Office and Google formats for ALL resources. The presentation is in PowerPoint and Google Slides while all documents contain Word and Google Doc versions.
- Your resource is perfect for distance learning and integrates seamlessly with Google Classroom as I've included a link that will automatically create a copy of the resources and put them directly into your Google Drive with one click.
- Purchase --> Open --> Click --> Assign to your students
Having both options allows you to use either without worrying about formatting issues as all the work has already been done for you. It safeguards you in case your department or school decides to go Google 100% and allows you as well as your students to access everything no matter where you are or what kind of equipment is being used.
If you're looking for something for younger students, please check out my Chemical Symbols, Formulas, and Compounds - A Middle School Introduction by clicking here.
Buyer Comment: "I love all of your products!"
Included in the lesson package is:
- Office and Google versions of the lesson
- The teacher version of the presentation
- The student version of the presentation
- Auto-graded Exit Ticket
- Student worksheet
- Student lesson handout
In order, the lesson covers:
2) Element names
3) Counting Atoms
4) Naming compounds
5) Combining capacity
6) Criss-cross rule
7) Naming compounds
The student version of the power point contains multiple blanks that need to be filled in throughout the lesson. These blanks are conveniently underlined and bolded on the teacher copy. I have found this to be the most effective means of keeping my students engaged and active without having them write everything out. This also leaves more time for discussion and activities.
The individual Chemistry Unit Lessons can be accessed below.
Lesson 2 - The GUESS method of problem solving
I also have a range of assignments and lessons/units from other grade levels at my store. Please CLICK HERE to have a look around and don’t forget to follow if you like what you see.
Also, please visit my blog Teach With Fergy for my thoughts on teaching, learning and everything in between.