Also included in
- The chemistry differentiated inquiry labs bundle is a collection of hands-on labs which focuses on chemistry topics for middle school science. Each topic contains three complete labs that are differentiated for all of your students. BUNDLE AND SAVE $$:Buy the complete inquiry labs bundle and save m$99.00$147.00Save $48.00
- Welcome to CAUGHT. This is an NGSS unit that integrates a storyline and projects with existing Kesler Science inquiry labs, station labs, and 5E Lessons. In this unit, students will be sent through a fictitious Forensics Academy to learn chemistry principles and evidence-gathering skills they need t$89.00$165.99Save $76.99
- This is the ultimate labs bundle for middle school science teachers. The nearly 150 inquiry labs are designed to take the focus off of lab preparation and put it back into teaching. What's Included in each Inquiry Lab:Teachers Resources Pages - prep time, standards/objectives, teacher directions, m$523.00$1043.00Save $520.00
Students will distinguish between physical change and chemical change by completing the process of saponification (making soap). Additionally, students will observe an exothermic reaction. This process creates very hot liquids and strong fumes that require ventilation. Do not let students take the soap home right away. Test it with the pH strips, each day, until the pH level is at an eight or nine.
The product contains three complete labs that are differentiated for all of your students.
BUNDLE AND SAVE $$:
- Teacher Resource Pages - prep time, standards/objectives, teacher directions, materials, and additional resources.
- Answer Keys - suggested answer keys for the labs
- CER Conclusion and Reflection Questions - Claim, Evidence, and Reasoning statements along with 3 reflection questions per lab.
- All pages are EDITABLE.
3 Differentiated Labs
Dependent Student Lab- A complete lab. This level is written with a combination of procedural instructions and inquiry questions. They are moderately student-centered with guided inquiry questions throughout the lab. Suggested for on-level learners.
Modified Student Lab - A complete lab. This level provides the most structured lab experience. The lessons may eliminate parts of the lab and change the questioning to include sentence stems or multiple choice questions. Suggested for learners with modifications.
Independent Student Lab - A complete lab. This level is the most student-centered experience. Suggestions are made for the students to get started, but most of the decisions will be student-centered. The students will be responsible for most aspects of the lab and will have the least guidance. Suggested for advanced learners.
Materials Needed Per Group:
Plastic or Styrofoam cup
25 mL beaker
250 mL Erlenmeyer flask
50 mL graduated cylinder
100 mL vegetable, coconut, or olive oil
46 mL cold distilled water
15 mL NaOH (lye) – link to Amazon provided
1/2 of a crayon
Fragrance oil (optional)
TEKS: 7.6A - Distinguish between a physical change and chemical change in matter.
Save Time and Buy Now
Save precious prep time and get back to teaching. All of the work hard work has been done for you. Go have some fun with those students!
Copyright © Chris Kesler. All rights reserved by the author. This product is to be used by the original downloader only. Copying for more than one teacher, classroom, department, school, or school system is prohibited. This product may not be distributed or displayed digitally for public view. Failure to comply is a copyright infringement and a violation of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA). Clipart and elements found in this PDF are copyrighted and cannot be extracted and used outside of this file without permission or license. Intended for classroom and personal use ONLY.