No Blocks - No Problem! Use materials from your prep room or use as a worksheet. Students observe the properties of metals, nonmetals and metalloids.
• metals are mainly solids, silver-grey and have luster.
• nonmetals occur in various states, various colors and are dull.
• metalloids have properties of both
• Student Lab Sheet
• Student Lab Quiz
• Student Lab Make-up Sheet for Absent Students
• Answer Keys
• Teacher Notes - directions on setting it up without having the blocks!
• Follow-up Problem Based Lab
This lab is included in Teacher Friendly Chemistry Binder 1 PDF/Word. Consider buying the WORD and PDF:
Chemistry Lab Bundle: Teacher Friendly Chem Binder 1 PDF/Word 31 Labs 17 Inq.
You may also like:
Lab: Light, Energy and Electrons
Activity: Atomic History and Electron Dart Probability
Lab: Flame Test of Metallic Ions
Activity: Electron Configuration and Quantum Numbers
Activity: Electron Configuration and Orbital Diagram Notation
Teacher Friendly Chemistry Chapter Planning Pages
Copyright©Deanna York as Teacher Friendly Chemistry. This product is intended for classroom and personal use only. Posting or distributing Teacher Friendly Chemistry products for public view violates Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA).