Students observe the properties of metals, nonmetals and metalloids.
• metals are mainly solids, silver-grey and have luster.
• nonmetals occur in various states, various colors and are dull.
• metalloids have properties of both
Don't have the blocks, use element samples from your chemical prep room. Directions on how to do this included.
• Student Lab Sheet
• Student Lab Quiz
• Student Lab Make-up Sheet for Absent Students
• Answer Keys
• Teacher Notes
• Follow-up Problem Based Lab
This lab is included in Teacher Friendly Chemistry Binder 1 PDF/Word.
Before purchasing consider buying the WORD and PDF:
Chemistry Lab Bundle: Teacher Friendly Chem Binder 1 PDF/Word 31 Labs 17 Inq.
Teacher Friendly Chemistry Chapter Planning Pages