First day introduction to Dimensional Analysis! A fun way to start dimensional analysis in a first year chemistry class! Starting Dimensional Analysis this way helps students form a great foundation for using dimensional analysis.
• cut/paste to cancel out nonsense units
• discover the thought process behind dimensional analysis
• learn to convert simple metrics
• Student Lab Sheet
• Student Lab Make-up Sheet for Absent Students
• Student Lab Sheet with Answers in Italics
• Lab Quiz - Use as exit ticket, next day warm-up or quiz
• Lab Quiz Answer Key
• Teaching Tips and Set-up Directions
This lab is included in Teacher Friendly Chemistry Binder 1 PDF/Word.
Before purchasing consider buying the WORD and PDF:
Chemistry Lab Bundle: Teacher Friendly Chem Binder 1 PDF/Word 31 Labs 17 Inq.
Teacher Friendly Chemistry Chapter Planning Pages