Students discover the conversion factor of cm to inches! A great activity to introduce conversion factors and "slope" has a meaning! A great way to start the year off teaching how to label a graph.
• Measure using ruler and meter stick
• Collect data of cm and inches
• Graph data points
• Find slope
• Make connection that slope is conversion factor
• Student Lab Sheet
• Student Lab Make-up Sheet for Absent Students
• Student Lab Sheet with Answers in Italics
• Lab Quiz - Use as exit ticket, next day warm-up or quiz
• Lab Quiz Answer Key
• Teaching Tips and Set-up Directions
This lab is included in Teacher Friendly Chemistry Binder 1 PDF/Word. Consider buying the WORD and PDF:
Chemistry Lab Bundle: Teacher Friendly Chem Binder 1 PDF/Word 31 Labs 17 Inq.
You may also like:
Test and Practice Test: Scientific Measurement
Lab: Density of Solids
Lab: Density of Liquids
Lab: Qualitative and Quantitative Observations
Teacher Friendly Chemistry Chapter Planning Pages
Copyright©Deanna York as Teacher Friendly Chemistry. This product is intended for classroom and personal use only. Posting or distributing Teacher Friendly Chemistry products for public view violates Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA).