Students learn the importance of observation and writing Qualitative and Quantitative data. The challenge is to place your peanut back into the pile and have your partner use your observation list to find your peanut. A great 15-20 minute activity!
• Use a ruler and string to find quantitative measurements
• Use word descriptions for qualitative measurements
• List careers where observational skills are very important
• Student Lab Sheet
• Student Lab Make-up Sheet for Absent Students
• Student Lab Sheet with Answers in Italics
• Lab Quiz - Use as exit ticket, next day warm-up or quiz
• Lab Quiz Answer Key
• Teaching Tips and Set-up Directions
This lab is included in Teacher Friendly Chemistry Binder 1 PDF/Word.
Before purchasing consider buying the WORD and PDF:
Chemistry Lab Bundle: Teacher Friendly Chem Binder 1 PDF/Word 31 Labs 17 Inq.
Teacher Friendly Chemistry Chapter Planning Pages