Observe balloon models to determine symmetry, molecular polarity and solubility. PDF/Word
• Observe balloon model and determine Symmetrical or Not Symmetrical
• Record as Polar or Non-Polar
• Predict Soluble or Insoluble in Water
• Draw Lewis Structures for possible compound list
• Link Lewis Structure to balloon model
• Determine hybridization and actual shape
• Student Lab Sheet
• Student Lab Quiz
• Student Lab Make-up Sheet for Absent Students
• Answer Keys
• Teacher Notes
This lab follows the Balloon Molecular Geometry Activity and takes the same balloon set.
Activity: Balloon Molecular Geometry
You may also like:
Lab: Penny Alloy -Making Silver and Gold Pennies!
Lab: Ionic and Covalent Household Compounds
Lab: Ionic, Covalent and Metallic Bonding
Activity: Hybridization and Model Building
Teacher Friendly Chemistry Chapter Planning Pages
Copyright©Deanna York as Teacher Friendly Chemistry. This product is intended for classroom and personal use only. Posting or distributing Teacher Friendly Chemistry products for public view violates Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA).