8.P.1.1 Classifying Matter
8.P.1.2 Periodic Table of Element
8.P.1.3 Physical and Chemical Changes
8.P.1.4 Law of Conservation of Mass
This is a fun chemistry board game that aids students through a unit review for Chemistry. The objective of the game is to get to the end of the board with the least amount of set-backs. Students move across the board as they roll one die and answer the question their personal game piece landed on. If students do not know that answer, they must find the answer on the board. All answers can be found somewhere on the game board.
Students use their own game pieces and are asked to be creative concerning dice. In the past, students have used an app on their cellular phone, pieces of paper, and index cards with numbers written on them to move players along the board. My students really enjoy playing the game. It took most students 25 minutes to complete game.
How to put Game Board together:
1. Trim the top of (bottom-left) section along the dotted line.
2. Trim left side of (top-right) and (bottom-right) sections along the dotted line.
3. Glue (top-right) to (top-left)
4. Glue (bottom-left) to (top-left)
5. Glue (bottom-right) to (bottom-left) and (top-right)
I had students put together the game boards shown in the black and white photos.