This unique and creative escape room makes LEARNING chemistry FUN!!! This activity provides you with the opportunity to also include hands-on scientific inquiry-based challenges. That’s right...more than just traditional questions and decoders. The escape room can be completed in less than an hour (remove stations as necessary).
- Properties of ionic, metallic, molecular, and network covalent compounds
- Lewis and structural diagrams
- Valence Shell Electron Pair Repulsion molecules
- Electronegativity and polarity
- London dispersion forces, dipole-dipole forces, and hydrogen bonding
This escape room has eight stations focused on chemical bonding with a variety of engaging activities to accommodate and challenge different learning styles. There are two sets of station cards (classic and modern) so you can choose the ones you like best! The classic cards can easily be edited to accommodate any changes you might want to make to personalize the stations. You can also eliminate any stations you wish not to have your students complete or add more!
Don’t have any escape room boxes and/or locks? NO PROBLEM! I’ve also included in this package a ‘Google Form digital box and lock template’ you can use instead. With a boxless method I suggest you store the station cards in envelopes!
What isn’t included here?
- Physics boxes and locks (digital ones supplied if you want to go that route)
- Invisible marker (for station 3)
- UV light source (for station 3)
- Sugar (for station 4)
- Salt (for station 4)
- Borax (for station 4)
- Glue (for station 4)
An instructions/guidelines sheet has been developed to help you set up the escape room.
Get TpT credit for fair ratings (click here). Please rate my product if you love it! If you have any concerns do not hestitate to email me at: email@example.com
Also try this incredible product: Chemistry Bonding Task Cards Activity