★ Just Updated on 10/9/16! ★ Help students practice the skill of classifying what is an element, compound, or mixture by using these brightly colored task cards with or without QR Codes!
This activity includes 10 task cards (with and without QR Codes) for reinforcement of this skill. The 10 task cards can be set up at 10 different stations, one card per station. Students will work collaboratively with a partner to complete the task at each station. Students can then scan the QR Code on the task card with a free QR Code Reader app, which uses a camera on your laptop or device, to reveal the answer key for that particular task.
Once time is up at that station, the teacher then says, "Scoot!" The group then moves to the next station.
Students may also check the printed answer key in a file folder at each station or check as a class using the corresponding PowerPoint or SMART Notebook presentation, if using the regular task cards.
Included in this Package:
• QR Code Task Cards in Color (10 images in jpeg)
• Regular (No QR) Task Cards in Color (10 images in jpeg)
• Student Answer Document (2 pages in pdf)
• Extension Activity (1 page in pdf)
• Detailed Lesson Plan with Differentiation Suggestions (3 pages in pdf)
• Corresponding Presentation in SMART Notebook (20 slides in SMART Notebook)
• Corresponding Presentation in PowerPoint (20 slides in PPT)
Suggested Technology if Using QR Code Version of Task Cards:
• Computers, Laptops, Tablets, or Smart Phones with a camera
function (10 stations, 1 device per station)
• Free QR Reader to be Installed on Device to be Used (ask your
IT Department to help)
• Teacher Computer
• Access to Internet and/or Wifi
• LCD Projector
• Whiteboard, Projection Screen, or SMART Board
• PowerPoint or SMART Notebook software for corresponding presentation
You May Also Like:
Chemistry Classification of Matter Word Wall Cards
Classifying Elements, Compounds, and Mixtures Activity Bundle
Classifying Elements, Compounds, and Mixtures: Think, Pair, Share Activity
How to receive TpT credit to use on future purchases:
Please go to your My Purchases
page (you may need to login). Beside each purchase you'll see a Provide Feedback
button. Once you click this link, you will be taken to a page where you can give a quick rating and leave a short comment for the product. Each time you provide feedback, TpT rewards you with feedback credits that you may use toward future purchases. Your feedback allows me to continue providing quality products that are useful in your classroom!
Make sure to receive notifications of new products and sale events by clicking the green ‘Follow Me’ button next to my seller picture. You can also follow me on:
→ Facebook at Mrs. Willyerd’s Virtual Classroom
→ Twitter @angelawillyerd
→ Pinterest @awillyerd
→ Instagram @AngelaWillyerd
Most Grateful to…
Glitter Meets Glue Designs
on TpT for the awesome glitter backgrounds!
Kimberly Geswein Fonts
for her great font designs!
Lindy du Plessis
on TpT for her doodle frames.
© Angela Willyerd. Please see Creative Commons license below for more details.
Chemistry Task Cards: Classifying Elements, Compounds, and Mixtures
by Angela Willyerd
is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License