Students find the Empirical Formula of Epsom Salt. Minutes in set-up time! Two versions included for student differentiation. PDF/Word
• drive off water of hydration
• calculate percent water
• use percent water and given elemental percentages to find formula
• Student Lab Sheet
• Student Lab Make-up Sheet for Absent Students
• Student Lab Sheet with Answers in Italics
• Lab Quiz - Use as exit ticket, next day warm-up or quiz
• Lab Quiz Answer Key
• Teaching Tips and Set-up Directions
This lab is included in Teacher Friendly Chemistry Binder 1 PDF/Word. Consider buying the WORD/PDF:
Chemistry Lab Bundle: Teacher Friendly Chem Binder 1 PDF/Word 31 Labs 17 Inq.
You may also like:
Test Review Task Sheets - Chemical Quanties
Student Performance Assessment "Counting by Weighing"
Empirical Formula Task Sheet Activity and Lecture WS
Molecular Formula Task Sheet Activity and Lecture WS
Activity: Avogadro and The Mole Activity
Lab: Percent Water of a Hydrate
Teacher Friendly Chemistry Chapter Planning Pages
Copyright©Deanna York as Teacher Friendly Chemistry. This product is intended for classroom and personal use only. Posting or distributing Teacher Friendly Chemistry products for public view violates Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA).