Mix NaOH and HCl and calculate the Heat of Neutralization! This lab takes minutes to set up. Great practice calculations.
• Write Balanced, Total and Net Ionic Equations
• Calculate moles using M x L = moles
• Calculate Joules using Q =mc∆T
• Calculate ∆H of Neutralization Reaction
Background provides notes on hot packs/cold packs, endo/exothermic reactions as they relate to HEAT being a reactant or a product.
• Student Lab Sheet
• Student Lab Quiz
• Student Lab Make-up Sheet for Absent Students
• Answer Keys
• Teacher Notes
• Follow-up Problem Based Lab
This lab is included in Teacher Friendly Chemistry Binder 2 PDF/Word.
Before purchasing consider buying the WORD and PDF:
Chemistry Lab Bundle: Teacher Friendly Chem Binder 2 PDF/ Word 29 Labs 27 Inq.
29 Labs and Activities
27 Follow-up Inquiry/Problem Labs