Mix NaOH and HCl and calculate the Heat of Neutralization!
Minutes to set up.
Great practice calculations.
Background notes on hot packs/cold packs, endo/exothermic reactions.
Presents heat as reactant or product.
• Write Balanced, Total and Net Ionic Equations
• Calculate moles using M x L = moles
• Calculate Joules using Q =mc∆T
• Calculate ∆H of Neutralization Reaction
• Student Lab Sheet
• Student Lab Make-up Sheet for Absent Students
• Student Lab Sheet with Answers in Italics
• Lab Quiz - Use as exit ticket, next day warm-up or quiz
• Lab Quiz Answer Key
• Teaching Tips and Set-up Directions
• Follow-up Problem Based Lab
This lab is included in Teacher Friendly Chemistry Binder 2 PDF/Word. Before purchasing consider buying:
Chemistry Lab Bundle: Teacher Friendly Chem Binder 2 PDF/ Word 29 Labs 27 Inq.
You may also like:
Lab: Specific Heat of Copper Metal
Lab: Heat of Fusion of Ice
Teacher Friendly Chemistry Chapter Planning Pages
Copyright©Deanna York as Teacher Friendly Chemistry. This product is intended for classroom and personal use only. Posting or distributing Teacher Friendly Chemistry products for public view violates Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA).