Teach your students some properties of ionic and covalent compounds by testing 7 common household solids for solid conductivity, solution conductivity and solubility. PDF/Word
• Test Solubility of solid
• Test Conductivity of solid
• Test Conductivity of solution
• Look up melting point
• Look up or determine formula of compound using compound name
• Student Lab Sheet
• Student Lab Make-up Sheet for Absent Students
• Student Lab Sheet with Answers in Italics
• Lab Quiz - Use as exit ticket, next day warm-up or quiz
• Lab Quiz Answer Key
• Teaching Tips and Set-up Directions
• Follow-up Problem Based Lab
You may also like:
Lab: Penny Alloy -Making Silver and Gold Pennies!
Activity: Hybridization and Model Building
Activity: Balloon Molecular Geometry
Lab: Ionic, Covalent and Metallic Bonding
This lab is included in Teacher Friendly Chemistry Binder 2 PDF/Word. Consider buying the WORD and PDF:
Chemistry Lab Bundle: Teacher Friendly Chem Binder 2 PDF/ Word 29 Labs 27 Inq.
Teacher Friendly Chemistry Chapter Planning Pages
Copyright©Deanna York as Teacher Friendly Chemistry. This product is intended for classroom and personal use only. Posting or distributing Teacher Friendly Chemistry products for public view violates Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA).