A performance assessment challenge! Students are given 3 dropper bottles and must determine solution identity.
• Write formulas for each substance
• Predict products and write balanced equations for each combination
• Design their own data table
This lab is easily made into a kit which will take 5 minutes or less to set up from year to year!
This lab is a great pre-AP lab as it was written based on a 2005 AP Free Response question.
All Labs Contain:
• Student Lab Sheet
• Student Lab Make-up Sheet for Absent Students
• Student Lab Sheet with Answers in Italics
• Lab Quiz - Use as exit ticket, next day warm-up or quiz
• Lab Quiz Answer Key
• Teaching Tips and Set-up Directions
You may also like:
Lab: Colligative Properties of Ice Cream
Lab: Factors of Solution Formation
Lab: Types of Solutions
Lab: Sugar Density Column and Percent Solutions
Task Sheets: Solutions
Teacher Friendly Chemistry Chapter Planning Pages
Copyright©Deanna York as Teacher Friendly Chemistry. This product is intended for classroom and personal use only. Posting or distributing Teacher Friendly Chemistry products for public view violates Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA).