Make it a lesson day! Give guided instruction for a data/calculation practice sheet then have students complete a few Q=mcT problems for a "lab ticket" and check their answers and then off to the lab! PDF/Word
Two Versions of Lab:
• Calculation section with no helpful hints
• Calculation section with embedded calculations
Example: Q water = (m water) x (Cwater) x (∆Twater)
Both Calculation sections written to lead students down a train of thought so students are more self-sufficient and less teacher dependent. No copper cylinder, then use a copper elbow or fitting.
• Student Lab Sheet
• Student Lab Make-up Sheet for Absent Students
• Student Lab Sheet with Answers in Italics
• Lab Quiz - Use as exit ticket, next day warm-up or quiz
• Lab Quiz Answer Key
• Teaching Tips and Set-up Directions
• Follow-up Problem Based Lab
This lab is included in Teacher Friendly Chemistry Binder 2 PDF/Word. Consider purchasing:
Chemistry Lab Bundle: Teacher Friendly Chem Binder 2 PDF/ Word 29 Labs 27 Inq.
You may also like:
Lab: Heat of Neutralization
Lab: Heat of Fusion of Ice
Teacher Friendly Chemistry Chapter Planning Pages
Copyright©Deanna York as Teacher Friendly Chemistry. This product is intended for classroom and personal use only. Posting or distributing Teacher Friendly Chemistry products for public view violates Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA).