Standardize NaOH using KHP. A worksheet guide for a warm-up, mini-lecture, lab ticket problems and a cool-down included to make this a complete lesson day!
• Change Grams of KHP to Moles
• Use Balanced Equation to find Moles of NaOH
• Use Moles and Volume of NaOH to find Molarity
Background provides information on:
• Why KHP is a good primary standard
• Why NaOH needs to be standardized
• Student Lab Sheet
• Student Lab Make-up Sheet for Absent Students
• Student Lab Sheet with Answers in Italics
• Lab Quiz - Use as exit ticket, next day warm-up or quiz
• Lab Quiz Answer Key
• Teaching Tips and Set-up Directions
• Follow-up Problem Based Lab
This lab is included in Teacher Friendly Chemistry Binder 2 PDF/Word. Before purchasing consider buying the WORD and PDF:
Chemistry Lab Bundle: Teacher Friendly Chem Binder 2 PDF/ Word 29 Labs 27 Inq.
You may also like:
Lab: Percent Acetic Acid in Vinegar
Lab: Identification of an Organic Acid using Equivalents
Lab: Is it mono, di or triprotic?
Lab: Introduction to Acid Base Titrations
Lab: Litmus and pH Testing of Household Items
Teacher Friendly Chemistry Chapter Planning Pages
Copyright©Deanna York as Teacher Friendly Chemistry. This product is intended for classroom and personal use only. Posting or distributing Teacher Friendly Chemistry products for public view violates Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA).