In a weighing dish or cylinder students must leave a certain number of:
• atoms of charcoal
• formula units of table salt
• molecules of sugar
• molecules of water
Make this day a complete lesson:
• Teach 3 Problems Particles to Moles to Grams
• Students complete Rep Particle Chart for substances in lab as "lab ticket"
• Students go to lab to weigh materials
• Visit each lab station, "visibly" check if students correct
PDF/Word and 2 different versions for differentiation.
You may also like:
Test Review Task Sheets - Chemical Quanties
Empirical Formula Task Sheet Activity and Lecture WS
Molecular Formula Task Sheet Activity and Lecture WS
Activity: Avogadro and The Mole Activity
Lab: Empirical Formula of a Hydrate
Lab: Percent Water of a Hydrate
Teacher Friendly Chemistry Chapter Planning Pages
Copyright©Deanna York as Teacher Friendly Chemistry. This product is intended for classroom and personal use only. Posting or distributing Teacher Friendly Chemistry products for public view violates Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA).