is an interactive series of mini-lessons in which students are given an audio-visual treat that is followed by a second treat that can be touched, tasted, and smelled! Each mini-lesson can be implemented at any point, but topics do grow and provide a fun supplement to the school year.
WHAT WILL I GET WITH THIS PRODUCT?
This download is week 18 in the Chemistry Quint-a-sense series.
It features ascorbic acid, Vitamin C. While this mini-lesson is designed to fit best around the 2nd week in January, near the flu season, it can be implemented at any time.
You will get a sharable mini-lesson, which can be presented over the course of 5-15 minutes, and remembered for years, depending upon your audience. The download comes with three sharing formats: Smart notebook, PowerPoint, and PDF.
Note: You will need to obtain the sharable treat separately! ;)
A fun treat idea is halls defense.
IDEAS FOR USE:
Although the mini-lessons in this series occasionally tie in with the calendar and build progressively upon each other, each mini-lesson is also self standing and can be used completely independently.
Suggested ideas for use:
1) In the original "once per week" chronological order.
2) As a fun "change of pace", whenever needed.
3) As a "hook" for the start of a chapter, Unit, or lesson.
4) As a "reward" for participation, attendance, or test average
5) In a "continuous series" to start each day or lesson in a particular unit of study or month.
Click here to see additional "Chemistry Quint-a-sense" mini-lessons in the 36 week full school-year series!