The "Chemistry Quint-a-sense" series is a fun way to involve all five senses in the learning process.
Students are given an audio-visual treat that is followed by a second treat that can be touched, tasted, and smelled!
WHAT WILL I GET WITH THIS PRODUCT?
This download is week 30 in the Chemistry Quint-a-sense series, Gelatin. Although it is meant to correlate best with the second week in April, around the time when Easter peeps are in every store, it can be applied at any point and the final treat can be in various forms (Jell-O, marshmallows, Ice cream).
You will get a sharable mini-lesson, which can be presented over the course of 5-15 minutes, and remembered for years, depending upon your audience. The download comes with three sharing formats: Smart notebook, PowerPoint, and PDF.
Note: You will need to obtain the sharable treat separately! ;)
IDEAS FOR USE:
Although the mini-lessons in this series occasionally tie in with the calendar and build progressively upon each other, each mini-lesson is also self standing and can be used completely independently.
Suggested ideas for use:
1) In the original "once per week" chronological order.
2) As a fun "change of pace", whenever needed.
3) As a "hook" for the start of a chapter, Unit, or lesson.
4) As a "reward" for participation, attendance, or test average
5) In a "continuous series" to start each day or lesson in a particular unit of study or month.
to see additional "Chemistry Quint-a-sense" mini-lessons in the 36 week full school-year series!