Hands-on Chemical Reaction activity
bundled in a complete Chemistry lesson: CHEMICAL REACTIONS. This open-and-go lesson includes videos, reading, and assessment.
Save 100%, it's FREE during this back-to-school sale.
CHEMISTRY - Lesson #3 BUNDLE
This is an open-and-go lesson will inspire your students to love science. This Mystery develops the idea that chemical reactions create new materials that have useful and interesting properties. In the activity, students conduct an investigation to determine if the mixing of various substances results in a new substance. They'll solve the Mystery: What do fireworks, rubber, and silly putty have in common?
✓ Parent email
- Pre-written email for parents that summarizes your lesson
- Intro video that hooks students and sets up the Mystery
✓ Hands-on activity
- Step-by-step video instructions make it easy
- Printable (and editable) assessment with answer key
- An age-appropriate reading extends the lesson
This meets the NGSS 5th Grade Physical Science standards and the included reading is perfect for Close Reading to support Common Core.
This is lesson #3 in my complete Chemistry Unit:
• Lesson 1 - Introduction to Chemistry (BUNDLE)
• Lesson 2 - Properties of Acids (BUNDLE)
• Lesson 3 - Chemical Reactions < [This Lesson]
Hi, my name is Doug!
I taught elementary science for seven years and made it my students’ favorite subject. I want to share my approach with you.
Every lesson begins with a Mystery that hooks your students. Then I narrate an unforgettable story told with stunning images and videos, with many opportunities for discussion. Every lesson concludes with a simple hands-on activity which uses supplies you already have (or are easy to get).
I hope my work saves you time & inspires your students.