Hands-on Acid Test activity
bundled in a complete Chemistry lesson: PROPERTIES OF ACIDS. This open-and-go lesson includes videos, reading, and assessment.
Save 100%, it's FREE during this back-to-school sale.
CHEMISTRY - Lesson #2 BUNDLE
This is an open-and-go lesson will inspire your students to love science. In this Mystery, students are introduced to acids, a group of substances with a reputation for being reactive. In the activity, students test the properties of a series of unknown liquids in order to identify which are acids. They'll solve the Mystery: What would happen if you drank a glass of acid?
✓ Parent email
- Pre-written email for parents that summarizes your lesson
- Intro video that hooks students and sets up the Mystery
✓ Hands-on activity
- Step-by-step video instructions make it easy
- Printable (and editable) assessment with answer key
- An age-appropriate reading extends the lesson
This meets the NGSS 5th Grade Physical Science standards and the included reading is perfect for Close Reading to support Common Core.
This is lesson #2 in my complete Chemistry Unit:
• Lesson 1 - Introduction to Chemistry (BUNDLE)
• Lesson 2 - Properties of Acids < [This Lesson]
• Lesson 3 - Chemical Reactions (BUNDLE)
Hi, my name is Doug!
I taught elementary science for seven years and made it my students’ favorite subject. I want to share my approach with you.
Every lesson begins with a Mystery that hooks your students. Then I narrate an unforgettable story told with stunning images and videos, with many opportunities for discussion. Every lesson concludes with a simple hands-on activity which uses supplies you already have (or are easy to get).
I hope my work saves you time & inspires your students.