I've created a video which shows how this Task Card Activity is used and why it's so simple yet engaging for your students. It can be found here
This 25 Chemistry Task Card resource is unique. It can be utilized in a clue gathering, puzzle solving, highly active and engaging activity and/or as an alternative to worksheet review for High School Chemistry.
This is a portion of my Chemistry Task Cards and Review Activity, please click HERE to access the full version.
This activity is directly associated with my Chemistry Unit - Atoms, Compound Naming and Chemical Reactions Click HERE for a preview.
If you'd like to receive 50% off your next TeachWithFergy purchase, (includes your entire shopping cart) please CLICK HERE. A new page will open but don't worry, you won't lose this one.
1) Typical task card review.
- 15 of the 25 Task Cards are provided in the below sample
- For typical review, you can simply distribute the Task Cards to your class for individual, group or whole class review
- The cue cards can be projected on the board for whole class review
- The cards work well as cue cards, test review, etc.
- A student worksheet as well as teacher answer key are provided
2) Task card review game - lots of fun!
- Students perform a scavenger hunt type activity in small groups
- The groups have to match their answers to certain words which spell out a quote
- Once the group has completed each Task Card and put together the quote, they are the winner
- A really exciting an engaging activity which gets your students out of their seats and moving around answering questions
- Great for Review
- naming and formula writing.
- writing and predicting chemical equations.
- types of reactions.
- word equations.
- balancing equations.
- conservation of mass.
- acids and bases.
- periodic table properties
You may also be interested in these other Task Card Activities.
Space - The Study of the Universe
Biology: Cells and Body Systems
Chemistry - Atoms, Compound Naming and Chemical Reactions
Ecology and Ecosystems
Electricity - Current and Static
Forces and Motion
Calculating Elapsed Time Word Problems
Pre-Algebra Word Problems
Area and Perimeter of Polygons Word Problems
Converting between Decimals, Fractions and Percentages
Decimals - Four Basic Operations
Multiplication and Division Word Problems
High School Mathematics:
Polynomials - Binomials and Trinomials
System of Linear Equations
Measurement of 3D Objects
Solving Quadratic Equations
Solving Trigonometry Problems
The game is slightly more in-depth but the instructions are clear, detailed and include examples, you wont have a problem. Give it a try, your students will thoroughly review the unit and will love the activity and challenge the game brings.