Use technology to create learning experiences that build critical thinking skills and produce artifacts to demonstrate mastery!
In this lesson, students will learn about chemistry terminology so they can:
- begin to talk like a scientist.
- understand the teacher when she talks about various types of matter!
Both you and your students will know they are successful when they can:
- define terms on the Word Wall.
- experiment to determine definitions for the terms, “atom”, “element”, “compound”, “mixture”, and “pure substance”.
- explain the relationship between all these terms.
All of the lessons and resources sold in this store include the following components:
- a PreQuiz or "Before Class Activity" to activate and assess prior knowledge.
- a "Word Wall" which showcases vocabulary that is central to the lesson content.
- analytical reading or writing components to promote scientific literacy.
- an independent or small group activity which allows (1) students to create artifacts as evidence of their learning and (2) teachers to review main ideas with the whole group.
- detailed answer keys for the outlined activities.
- formative assessment of mastery.
The lesson is built for interactive use on a smart whiteboard or for delivery in an online meeting space.
A coordinating, interactive web form student guide is also available:
Also, a teacher link to modify and distribute the Student Guide is also available: