Chemistry Unit - Atoms, Compound Naming and Chemical Reactions
- Google Apps™
What educators are saying
Products in this Bundle (15)
showing 1-5 of 15 products
This chemistry package includes a complete resource set for a Chemistry unit on Atoms, Naming and Chemical Reactions. The 5 weeks of teaching material include 11 lessons, lab station activities, digital scavenger hunts, comprehension readings, as well as two quizzes and two unit tests with answer keys.
The following lessons are included inside my Chemistry Unit
- Lesson 1 - Physical/Chemical Properties and Changes
- Lesson 2 - Periodic Table and Bohr Rutherford Diagrams
- Lesson 3 - Lewis Structures
- Lesson 4 - Ions
- Lesson 5 - Ionic Compounds
- Lesson 6 - Polyatomic Compounds
- Lesson 7 - Molecular Compounds
- Lesson 8 - Chemical Reactions Introduction
- Lesson 9 - Balancing Chemical Reactions
- Lesson 10 - Types of Chemical Reactions
- Lesson 11 - Acid, Bases, and Neutralization Reactions
Each lesson contains:
- The lesson (student and teacher versions of the presentation)
- Google and Office-ready versions
- An auto-graded Exit Ticket
- Embedded videos
- A student lesson handout as a document
Buyer Comment: "My students love this. It is so well organized and put together. Thank you so much."
The Following Activities and Assessments are Included:
- 2 Unit Tests and 2 Quizzes
- 2 Unit Tests and 3 Quizzes
- 2 Digital Scavenger Hunts
- 3 Reading Comprehension Articles
- 2 Lab Station Activities
- Additional activities to engage your students
- "LOVE this resource!"
- "So many new resources to update my curriculum. Thank you!"
- "Wow, These are a great resource. Thanks for your hard work!"
- "Wow! Great time saver that includes ready to use, quality resources. Thank you!"
- "Thank you, Thank you, I have 3 preps A&P. Biology, and IPC, we had a teacher to resign and I have taken over that Chemistry class, giving me 4 preps this is a God send. All content areas I am focusing on ."
- "Excellent Chemistry resource!!! I used all of it. The student notes helped keep them engaged!!"
- "After using the Ecology Unit I knew this product would be great resource as well. The power-points are engaging and the students stay engrossed in the activities. "
- "Thanks so much! This helped me out a lot as Sp. Ed teacher with a self-contained Chemistry Class and no background in Chemistry. "
- "This is a great resource! I used this with my class and I really loved it! The power point was well done and the student notes kept the students working! Thanks for sharing!! I am a returning customer and you can be sure I will keep purchasing your materials!!!!"
- "Good investment, will use this for years to come!"
- "Fantastic complete lesson- love the power points, student notes, activities. All you will need for the unit"
The presentations are fun and applicable with many opportunities for inquiry-based learning and discussion. Each presentation covers a lot of content and is meant to be delivered over a one-to-three day stretch.
Google, Office, and Distance Learning Ready
- These lessons include both Office and Google formats for ALL resources. The presentations are in PowerPoint and Google Slides while all documents contain Word and Google Doc versions.
- Your resources are perfect for distance learning and integrate seamlessly with Google Classroom as I've included a link that will automatically create a copy of the resources and put them directly into your Google Drive with one click.
- Purchase --> Open --> Click --> Assign to your students
What are the student versions and how do they encourage student understanding?
The student versions of the presentations contain multiple blanks that need to be filled in throughout the lesson. These blanks are conveniently underlined and bolded on the teacher copy. I have found this to be the most effective means of keeping my students engaged and active without having them write everything out. This also leaves more time for discussion and activities.
I also have a range of assignments and lessons/units from other grade levels at my store. Please CLICK HERE to have a look around and don’t forget to follow if you like what you see.
Also, please visit my blog Teach With Fergy for my thoughts on teaching, learning, and everything in between.