** Do not download this product unless you have ExamView 6.2 or newer.
This Chemistry Unit on Chemical Change was created utilizing the Understanding by Design philosophy, where students understanding is assessed through the Unit Test (ExamViw) and the lab write up of "What is a Chemical Reaction?" found in Flinn: Introduction to Chemistry v1. The materials were designed to develop students ability to model the molecular world through guided demonstrations.
The Unit includes the following resources:
1) Objective Sheet
2) Unit Test (ExamView): Designed to assess the unit objectives
3) Demonstration Worksheets: Dissolving Salt; Alkaseltzer; Single Replacement (Copper + Silver Nitrate); Double Displacement (KI + PbNO3)2.
4) Activities: Calories in a Peanut; Specific Heat of a Metal;
5) Lab Write Up Template: An electronic Word document used as a student template for the lab writeup of "What is a Chemical Reaction?"
6) Alternative Assessment: A Lab Performance matrix that allows students to differentiate how they are assessed.
7) Worksheets & Quizzes, and more!
** Do not download this product unless you have ExamView 6.2 or newer