Word Document File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing.
Impress your administrator and make lesson planning easy with this fully editable, easy to follow lesson plan that combines unit & daily plans into one document. The comprehensive, yet simple format includes complete content standards, literacy standards, content objectives, language objectives, and key vocabulary. For easy identification, SIOP, differentiation, & literacy strategies are embedded and highlighted. This plan lasts 10-12 periods or 4-5 - 90 minute blocks. In this unit, students will learn to:
1. Identify and investigate characteristics of a substance.
2. Distinguish between physical and chemical properties.
3. Differentiate between among the physical states of matter.
4. Explain the concept of physical change and give several
1. Read, define, and discuss key vocabulary terms: pure substance, element, compound, homogeneous mixture, heterogeneous mixture,
2. Listen and write key points discussed in lecture.
3. Formulate written questions and generate hypotheses to examine the physical properties of an object (density, mass, volume).
4. Analyze and discuss conclusions based on experimental data gathered from accurate measurement procedures.