A fun lesson covering Synthesis and Decomposition reactions using the "chemical dating game" scenario. Suitable as introduction to chemistry (grade 9 or 10).
Included in this powerpoint are:
* 23 slides full of visual cues and custom animations to engage students in learning about Synthesis & Decomposition reaction
* Examples of use of these chemical reactions in daily life
* Embedded links to 4 relevant educational videos on the web (internet connection required) - just click and play!
* “Now You Try It” slides give students time to practice and let teachers gauge students’ understanding of the topic
* "Teacher Slides" contain notes/teaching ideas for teachers
Lesson duration: 1 – 2 hours
Grade level: Grade 9 - 10 (or as review for senior grades)
Tags: SNC2D, SNC2P
BONUS: After you rate this product on TPT, you can email me at firstname.lastname@example.org to get FREE practice worksheets for this topic.