This resources includes a PowerPoint presentation with over 50 slides, 3 versions of differentiated notes, and links to 3 videos
for the flipped classroom. Whether you’re an experienced flipper or just curious about flipping your classroom, this product gives you the key ingredients you need to take your flip to the next level. The videos can also be used for make-up work when students miss a lecture, as part of a sub plan, or as remediation or enrichment assignments.
I designed this presentation to be used within the first unit, typically the second chapter, of a general high school Biology class. The content is comprehensive enough to be used in place of a textbook if necessary, but since it’s EDITABLE, you can customize it to complement any text or other materials you are using by adding, removing, or rearranging slides. Your students will enjoy this visual approach to learning and you will enjoy saving planning time!
Please Note: This resource is also available in my money-saving Exploring Life Unit BUNDLE
or, if you just want PowerPoints, it's included in my PowerPoint Bundle for Biology
This download includes 8 files:
2. Chemistry of Life PowerPoint that includes over 50 slides with stunning photographs and easy to follow diagrams. Students will not be overwhelmed with wordy slides and you will be able to check for understanding with the "Turtle Time" slides embedded throughout the presentation that quiz students on what they have just learned. Additional notes explaining diagrams, concepts, background information, and instructional suggestions are included and can be printed separately or viewed in PowerPoint’s “Notes Page” view or “Presenter View” mode.
Notes: THREE versions of editable student and teacher notes so you can easily differentiate to meet the needs of your students.
3. Version A notes are set up so that the numbered notes correspond with the slides of the PowerPoint. This makes it easier for students to stay on pace with the lecture.
4. Version A Answer Key for Teachers
5. Version B notes are designed in a more traditional style; students will use information presented in the PowerPoint to fill in appropriate information.
6. Version B Answer Key for Teachers
7. Version C notes are fill-in-the-blank style notes that are coordinated with the PowerPoint, but could also be used for students who are absent during the presentation since it could be completed with a textbook or online resources. This version can work well as a quiz or worksheet.
8. Version C Answer Key for Teachers
Videos for the Flipped Classroom are Available on a Private You Tube Channel
Video 1: Chemistry of Life, Part 1: The Nature of Matter (6:33)
Video 2: Chemistry of Life, Part 2: Chemical Bonds (4:39)
Video 3: Chemistry of Life, Part 3: Properties of Water (9:07)
Click HERE to watch a fun trailer that highlights the Chemistry of Life Videos.
Copyright 2016 Science Island
Sharing video links with anyone other than your students is a violation of copyright laws.
Want to learn more about FLIPPED CLASSROOMS? This Quick Start Guide
will get you well on your way to a Fearless Flip!
Vocabulary covered in this chapter include:
• periodic table
• atomic number
• radioactive isotopes
• ionic bond
• covalent bond
• van der Waals force
• chemical reaction
• polar molecule
• hydrogen bonds
• capillary action
• surface tension
• specific heat capacity
• aqueous solution
• pH scale
Check out my other products related to The Chemistry of Life:
Chemistry of Life Task Cards
Unique Properties of Water Lab
Chemistry of Life Review Qubes
©2015 Science Island