Compressed Zip File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing.
Chemistry of Life PowerPoint presentation with over 50 slides PLUS 3 versions of differentiated notes. I designed this presentation to be used within the first unit, typically chapter 2, of a high school Biology class.
The presentation is comprehensive enough to be used in place of a textbook if necessary, but since it’s EDITABLE, you can customize it to complement any text or other materials you are using by adding, removing, or rearranging slides.
Your students will enjoy this visual approach to learning and you will enjoy saving planning time!
***Please Note: This resource is also available in two discounted bundles:
1) Exploring Life Unit Bundle which includes everything you need to teach the first 3 chapters in Biology
2) Biology PowerPoint Bundle which includes all of Science Island's PowerPoints for Biology
This download includes 8 files:
2. Chemistry of Life PowerPoint that includes over 50 slides with stunning photographs and easy to follow diagrams. Students will not be overwhelmed with wordy slides and you will be able to check for understanding with the "Turtle Time" slides embedded throughout the presentation that quiz students on what they have just learned. Additional notes explaining diagrams, concepts, background information, and instructional suggestions are included and can be printed separately or viewed in PowerPoint’s “Notes Page” view or “Presenter View” mode.
Notes: THREE versions of editable student and teacher notes so you can easily differentiate to meet the needs of your students.
3. Version A notes are set up so that the numbered notes correspond with the slides of the PowerPoint. This makes it easier for students to stay on pace with the lecture.
4. Version A Answer Key for Teachers
5. Version B notes are designed in a more traditional style; students will use information presented in the PowerPoint to fill in appropriate information.
6. Version B Answer Key for Teachers
7. Version C notes are fill-in-the-blank style notes that are coordinated with the PowerPoint, but could also be used for students who are absent during the presentation since it could be completed with a textbook or online resources. This version can work well as a quiz or worksheet.
8. Version C Answer Key for Teachers
Please click on PREVIEW above to see more details about this resource and make sure it’s right for your students. The PREVIEW includes a Chapter Outline and a list of Key Terms.
You might also like: