Also included in
- Hydrothermal vents, Deep Ocean, Chemosynthesis, Robert Ballard BUNDLE is a compilation of resources that introduces students to one of the greatest discoveries of all time: Geothermal Deep Sea Vents in 1977. This bundle includes resources to help the educator themselves and their students understand$16.50$21.50Save $5.00
- These Photosynthesis resources add high-interest informational texts, worksheets, video hyperlinks, Photosynthesis versus Chemosynthesis & Deep-Sea Hydrothermal vents, David Ballard Ted Talk, information on key discoveries and more to your photosynthesis unit. Step up your game by adding Chemosy$20.00$29.65Save $9.65
The Astonishing Hidden World of the Deep Ocean TED Talk. NOAA scientist Robert Ballard shares the need for exploration of the deep oceans, the Mid Ocean Ridge, his discoveries, and the need to ignite our youth with excitement for science! This 2 sided comprehension worksheet accompanies the (18-minute) TED Talk by Robert Ballard. The worksheet uses diagrams/illustrations to create understanding. Answer key is included. An added bonus: 31 Term word search with a hidden message (chemosynthesis) is included. Hyperlink given.
Note: I stop the video to help answer questions along the way and show/write the answer key. This creates agreater depth of understanding and opens discussions.
I strongly recommend you play the video with the close captioning ON if it is available. It helps some students to read the narration and to answer the questions.
For classes that need more support, I do pause the video and show the answer key I am writing as each is answered. You decide the amount of support each class needs.
At the end of each class, I circulate and give classwork credit: +1 point if on task, +1 point for worksheet completed, + 1 point for completed reflection portion. (3-point max x 2 days = 6 points total)
I write/copy an answer key (transparency overhead or document camera) for kids to follow along/ correct.
Thank you for your purchase! By purchasing this resource, you are agreeing that the contents are the property of DebCouture/Life in the Middle, and licensed to you only for classroom/personal use as a single user. I retain the copyright, and reserve all rights to this product.
• Use items (free and purchased) for your own classroom students, or your own personal use.
• Reference this product in blog posts, at seminars, professional development workshops, or other such venues PROVIDED there is both credit given to myself as the author and a link back to my TPT store is included in your post/presentation.
• Distribute and make copies of free items only to other teachers PROVIDED there is credit given to Deb Couture and a link back to my TPT store.
You May Not:
• Claim this work as your own, alter the files in any way, or remove/attempt to remove the copyright/watermarks.
• Sell the files or combine them into another unit for sale/free.
• Post this document for sale/free elsewhere on the internet. (This includes Google Doc links on blogs.)
• Obtain this product through any of the channels listed above. Thank you for abiding by universally accepted codes of professional ethics while using this product.
Thanks for checking out our store!
I'd appreciate feedback and a review & get TPT credit to use on future purchases:
• Go to your My Purchases page (& login). Beside each purchase, you'll see a Provide Feedback button. Simply click it and you will be taken to a page where you can give a quick rating and leave a short comment for the product. Each time you give feedback, TPT gives you feedback credits that you use to lower the cost of your future purchases
• Look for the green star next to my store logo and click it to become a follower.