Whether you are teaching Cherokee
History or about Native Americans
, this Cherokee Creation or Origin Story
will give your students a better understanding of the culture and the history.
This 1-page handout provides the original creation story of the Cherokee Nation
for students to analyze using the guiding questions. Includes a significance wrap-up question in which students utilize all of the information to explain the significance of the document or its relevance to American History.
Answer Key is Provided!
All images and other primary sources collected from Library of Congress, National Archives or public domain.
See preview for actual product.
Great class or homework assignment!
See other Primary Source Analysis Activities in my TpT Store!
You may really like my U.S. Primary Source Analysis Bundle and My SPRITE Series!
• Cherokee Nation v Georgia Supreme Court Case Document Analysis Activity
• Trail of Tears Cherokee Native Removal American Document Analysis Activity
• Christopher Columbus Meeting Natives American Document Analysis Activity
• Dawes Act 1887 Document Analysis Activity Native Americans in West
• Early Native Policy w/ Jefferson American Document Analysis Activity
• John Smith Native Encounters American Document Analysis Activity - Jamestown
• Native Americans Settlement in North America Task Cards or Scavenger Hunt
Please visit my TpT Store for other great Social Studies, ELA, and New Teacher Resources.
You will find:
Walking Tours through History, Archeological Digs, Bio Card Activities, Game Card Sets, Scavenger Hunts, Centers & Stations Activities, Interactive Lectures, Analysis Assignments, Student Review Materials, Role-Card Activities, Human Board Game Sets, & so much more!