Investigate the Cherokee Nation
and analyze primary sources
with this Supreme Court case, Cherokee Nation v. Geogria.
This 1-page handout provides the original Supreme Court
ruling as well as the document image for students to analyze with guiding questions for a better understanding of American documents and, in this case, the Cherokee Nation v. Georgia
case. Includes a significance wrap-up question in which students utilize all of the information to explain the significance of the case or ruling.
Answer Key is Provided!
All images and other primary sources collected from Library of Congress, National Archives or public domain.
Document image is not clear for text reading as all text is in reading block, but is provided for students to see actual document and to evaluate larger content such as dates and format.
See preview for actual product.
Great class or homework assignment!
See other Primary Source Analysis Activities in my TpT Store!
You may really like my U.S. Primary Source Analysis Bundle and My SPRITE Series!
Please visit my TpT Store for other great Social Studies, ELA, and New Teacher Resources.
• Cherokee Creation Story Native American Document Analysis Activity
• Trail of Tears Cherokee Native Removal American Document Analysis Activity
• Christopher Columbus Meeting Natives American Document Analysis Activity
• Dawes Act 1887 Document Analysis Activity Native Americans in West
• Early Native Policy w/ Jefferson American Document Analysis Activity
• John Smith Native Encounters American Document Analysis Activity - Jamestown
• Native Americans Settlement in North America Task Cards or Scavenger Hunt
You will find:
Walking Tours through History, Archeological Digs, Bio Card Activities, Game Card Sets, Scavenger Hunts, Centers & Stations Activities, Interactive Lectures, Analysis Assignments, Student Review Materials, Role-Card Activities, Human Board Game Sets, & so much more!