PDF (Acrobat) Document File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing.
Chew On This: Everything You Don't Want to Know About Fast Food
By Eric Schlosser and Charles Wilson
This purchase contains everything you need to add creative, rigorous, and impressive projects to your Chew On This study. These activities require critical thinking skills in both group and independent tasks.
Avoid having students’ eyes glaze over from a packet of questions. Get them more involved!
Students will become more invested in the reading when they need to understand the material in order to present it to others. Student will have the opportunity to complete the projects in groups or individually, as you see fit.
This resource includes:
· Guidelines on creating posters to convey student thinking
· Student directives for each task
· Culminating group project on the overarching theme/message of the book
· Individual final project with 12 choices to explore topics further
· A rubric for the final group and individual projects
· Student samples
· Showing the business model the McDonald brothers used that made them so successful
· Exploring the positive contributions as well as the consequences of Ray Kroc becoming involved with the McDonald brothers
· Understanding unions and the cause/effect relationship between starting a union at McDonald’s and the eventual closing of the location
· Exploring the movement to stop drinking soda and be able to use a creative outlet to reach others
· Participating in a debate about the cause of obesity that gets to the heart of the book.
· Deciphering the author’s message
Individual projects include:
· Creating a guide to fast food, learning to read nutrition labels, creating an animal bill of rights, and many more!