CHICKA CHICKA BOOM BOOM & CHICKA CHICKA 1-2-3 LITERACY, MATH AND LEARNING FUN ACTIVITIES contains 17 original, teacher created learning to extend both Chicka Chicka stories. The activities are in PDF format and were created by me. These activities are great to use as literacy bag inserts, take home activities or class literacy centers individual or small group). I also just added a set of five different Bingo cards to the unit.
CHICKA CHICKA BOOM BOOM
1. Five Comprehension Questions to help check for comprehension.
2. Letter Matching-- Students match the coconut tree cards with the uppercase letters on them to the coconut cards with the corresponding lowercase letter. These can also be used for a Memory game.
3. Letter Sequencing-- Students write in the missing letters in the alphabet sequence on the coconut tree strips (10 strips total that include all uppercase and lowercase letter)
4. Letter Writing-- Students practice writing tracing both the uppercase and lowercase alphabet using the dotted font (includes pages for both Zaner Bloser and D'Nealian fonts)
5 Writing Activity Sheet-- Students write and draw their favorite part of the story.
6. Chicka Chicka Bingo Bingo--Play a letter Bingo game (use the coconuts or coconut trees from the letter matching as the caller's cards)Includes five different cards for small group settings.
7. Initial Letter Sounds: Fill in the blank with the first letter you hear in each word. (letters A-Z)
8. Illustrated Binder / Folder Cover
CHICKA CHICKA 1-2-3
9. Apple Count/.Number Matching Cards: Count the number of apples on each card and match it to the correct number card. (numbers 1-10)
10. Apple's on the Tree Apple Graph: Count the number of red, green and yellow apples on the apple tree. Fill in the apple graph to show how many there are of each.
11. Apple Addition: The two trees in each row have a number next to them. Draw that many apples in the trees. Add the apples from both trees and write the sum in the last tree in the row.
12. Count by Fives: Put the numbered apples in counting order 5-100
13. What Comes Next?: Fill in the missing numbers in the hundreds chart.
14. Chicka Chicka 1-2-3 Writing: Write five different ways you can eat an apple.
15. Number Words: Match the number cards (from the apple counting activity) to their correct number word cards.
16. Number Writing: Practice writing the numbers using the dotted font.
17. Apple Comparison: Count the apples on the apple tree (also used with the graph) Answer the questions comparing the number red, yellow and green apples.
18. Illustrated Binder / Folder Cover