This Chicka Chicka Boom Boom themed, self checking smartboard game will help your students identify the first sound in a word and find a word with a matching beginning sound. This fun game is great for the first week of school in Kindergarten or First Grade, and helps students work on their phonemic awareness skills (while helping you informally assess those skills at the same time!)
This game (which excludes the beginning sound for x) will have your students practicing matching the beginning sounds in words. Best of all, this game is self checking... when a student touches the correct lowercase letter, the game cheers for them!
WHAT SKILLS WILL THIS GAME HELP MY STUDENTS DEVELOP?
This smartboard game is a great way to have your students:
• Isolating the beginning sound in words
• Identifying words with similar beginning sounds
WHAT FILE TYPES ARE INCLUDED?
This ZIP file contains two file types:
• A Smartboard file for Smart Notebook (.notebook)
• An Activinspire file for Promethean boards (.flipchart)
LOOKING FOR A DISCOUNT?
Save 30% by getting this game as part of a Chicka Chicka Boom Boom Smartboard BUNDLE
LOOKING FOR OTHER ALPHABET RECOGNITION SMARTBOARD GAMES?
Check out these other alphabet smartboard bundles:
• Letter of the Week Smartboard Game Bundle (130 mini games)
• Alphabet Mega Bundle (10 games!)
LOOKING FOR OTHER SMARTBOARD GAMES?
If you like these games, be sure to check out my other smartboard games! There are:
• Smartboard BUNDLES
• Smartboard Games
• Smartboard Games: Seasonal
• Smartboard Games: Alphabet
• Smartboard Games: Back to School
• Smartboard Games: Beginning Sounds
• Smartboard Games: Blends
• Smartboard Games: CVC
• Smartboard Games: CVCe
• Smartboard Games: Math
A Turn to Learn