PDF (Acrobat) Document File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing.
2.19 MB | 15 pages
What is in this Packet:
1. You will find a 31 day Chicka Chicka Boom Boom calendar.
2. You will also find extra blank pieces in the calendar to use in case you lose a piece.
3. I have also created matching “month title cards” for the months of August and September. You will find these at the end of this packet. Many early childhood teachers start their year out with this famous book. I decided to make a Chicka Chicka Boom Boom calendar for my classroom.
4. This calendar is NOT a pattern calendar like the others that I have created.
5. You will find holiday pieces in this pack to use for the months of August and September.
Use this packet as your calendar:
Use the calendar pieces to help you teach patterns along with your other math skills during calendar time. Of course I start with the first day of the month, and each day my students tell me what number goes next and what pattern piece goes next. This pattern is repeated all month long.
Math Center Ideas:
I also use these pieces in math centers for numeral recognition, numerical order, and patterning. You can do the activities listed below in small groups, one-on-one, or in a math center.
a. Numeral Recognition
b. Numerical Order
School Year Pattern Calendars and Accessories --August through July
The images on the month typically go with the holidays in that particular month and in the season. I will continue to add more calendar options that you choose from. The patterns start out as the easiest pattern such as the ABAB. You will find these in the months of July through September. Then the patterns get a little harder as the school progresses.