Also included in
- Teaching kindergarten, first, and second graders all about rhythm can be challenging, but these resources are here to help! These are all of the song, lessons, games, centers activities, flashcards, and more that I have created to teach quarter notes, eighth notes, and quarter rests.Join my free res$55.65$79.50Save $23.85
- I love using books in my classroom-- and this year, I am buckling down and trying to get really intentional with using books in a musical ways.This bundle has book based lessons for the elementary music classroom. Each one focuses on something specific-- rhythm, melody, instruments of the orchestra,$20.00$26.00Save $6.00
This year, I am looking trying to add more children's books into my elementary music lessons. This one was a huge hit with my kindergarten and first grade classes!
This lesson is based off of the book Chicka Chicka Boom Boom by Bill Martin Jr. It includes singing, beat, rhythm, coloring, reading, and playing instruments! What could be better?
This product includes a 21 slide powerpoint to help you teach this lesson (available in both stick notation and regular notation!), 7 printable pages for students to write rhythms, color pictures, and more (stick notation and regular notation for a total of 12 printable pages), and a lesson plan that is ready to go.
Although this is meant for the elementary music teacher, you could also leave this (or at least parts of this!) for a sub!
- 21 slide powerpoint based on the book Chicka Chicka Boom Boom in regular notation
- 21 slide powerpoint based on the book Chicka Chicka Boom Boom in stick notation
- 12 printable pages for students to complete
- Complete printable lesson plan
You may also like:
Join my free resource library to get exclusive FREE content!
Let's be friends!
Blog: Becca's Music Room