Chickamauga, with its unforgettable ending is a shocking story & valuable in an English or history class.
Ambrose Bierce was a writer akin to Mark Twain but more cynical and was known as “Bitter Bierce.” He fought in several major battles of the Civil War and was shot in the head at the Battle of Kennesaw Mountain. The bullet remained lodged in his head for the rest of his life. Bierce disappeared in Mexico in 1913.
This purchase includes:
• Background information on Ambrose Bierce
• The Civil War Short Story “Chickamauga” by Ambrose Bierce. Five pages single spaced.
• Ten True/False questions with answer key
• Six high level, open ended questions
• A link to an audio version of the book. You can run copies of the story and have students follow the text as they listen to the twenty minute story.
The Past is a Blast