Chicken Life Cycle
This Chicken Life Cycle pack explores the life cycle of chickens through increasing vocabulary through reading and writing about chickens.
This pack is also in the Animal Life Cycle Bundle which contains –
Record of Learning
• This will be a record of learning as you move through the information about chickens.
• Complete the first page before you start the unit.
• As you progress through the unit complete the pages in order.
• The students may go back and add information as they learn new things
• These posters will enable your students to have access to facts and diagrams. • They will assist in correct spelling when displayed.
• There are two sets – the second set has information.
• The third set has the life cycle.
• This will give you two books – copy and staple together and then cut in half.
• Re read and place in your class library.
• Print and laminate for long term use.
• These jigsaws – break up cards will assist in matching words to pictures to a statement.
• Two spellings for fertiliser/fertilizer
Recording of Learning
• These templates will consolidate and extend knowledge for all students about chickens.
• Please make choices about which tasks are suitable for each student in your grade.
Print and go section
• Interactive Note page,
• Egg life, What do chickens eat? Label parts of a chicken,
• Eggs/Hatchling/Hens can/have/are
• Venn Diagram – chick/hen
• Research and answer facts
• Order the life cycle
• What is an Omnivore?
• The following pages will assist in writing a report.
• Spinner - Color copy and laminate. Add a split pin to attach the arrow. Spin the arrow. When it stops – the student must give some facts about that part of the chicken cycle.
• What I know about chickens, chicken planner – with and without lines.
• Information Report Planner - Two spellings for fertiliser/fertilizer
• Battery Hens
• Day In the life of a chicken
• How many ways can we eat eggs?
• Describe how to crack an egg?
• These can be printed off or shown on your interactive screen as a prompt.
Core Standards for English – Writing
Kindergarten - W.K.1, W.K.2, W.K.3, W.K.5, W.K.7, W.K.8
Grade 1 - W.1.1, W.1.2, W.1.3, W.1.5, W.1.7, W.1.8
Grade 2 - W.2.1, W.2.2, W.2.3, W.2.5, W.2.7, W.2.8
Australian Curriculum for Writing
Foundation – ACELT1580, ACELY1651, ACELY1652
Level 1 – ACELT1586, ACELY1661, ACELY1662
Level 2 – ACELT1593, ACELY1671, ACELY1672
COPYRIGHT ©2016 Paula’s Place
This product is for personal use in one classroom only. To share or use in multiple classrooms, please purchase additional licenses. This product may not be shared or distributed without consent from the author.
Be the first to know about my discounts, sales, free resources and new products: Look for the green star at the top of my store to ★Follow Me★
Don’t forget to get TPT credit to use on your future purchases:
I value your feedback. It helps me to make resources that meet your needs. ♥ Please go to your My Purchases page (you may need to login). Beside each purchase you'll see a Provide Feedback button. Simply click it and you will be taken to a page where you can give a quick rating and leave a short comment for the product.